The 6th Annual Mala’ai School Garden “Art & Sol” Benefit Auction is 12:30 to 3 p.m., Sun., June 2, at Merriman’s Restaurant in Waimea.
Intended to support healthier kids and community and a more sustainable planet, and timed to nearly coincide with the Summer Solstice, “Art & Sol” tickets are $50 per person and may be purchased via PayPal at http://www.malaai.org, or by calling Alethea Lai (989-7861).
Included in the exceptional gathering of “live” and silent auction treasures are:
· Kapa by master Roen Hufford
· A 8’x4’ mural photograph of snow-capped pu’u atop Mauna Kea, taken by CFHT’s high powered camera
· A private sunset sail on a 55’ ketch
· Gourmet locavore feasts by private chefs paired with vintage wines
· A Meditation Walk to reconnect with nature in ‘Iole land division of North Kohala, or, a day hike, waterfall swim and lunch along Waipio Valley rim.
· Farmer Charles Oldfather and three handsome gardener friends building a raised garden bed for your home
· Original native hardwood and stained glass collectors’ pieces by island artisans
· A koa-framed, signed “Paniolo” blockprint by Hawaii’s revered artist Juliet Frasier
· A large Ethan Tweedie giclee on canvas photograph of one of a beloved Waimea “wahi pana”
· Golf for four plus lunch at Hualalai Resort
· Two nights at the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel plus a private tour of the Laurance Rockefeller Asian and Pacific Art Collection and breakfast
· An escorted private tour for four of the W.M. Keck Observatory atop Mauna Kea plus lunch
· Creation and installation of a custom “water feature” for your home or business by Kai Pono Builders
· A healthy, grass-fed 800-pound steer (approx. 400 pounds of grass-fed beef)
· Fresh Fruit or Vegetable Baskets, certificates for restaurants, facials, massages and more.
Mala’ai:The Culinary Garden of Waimea Middle School is Hawaii Island’s model school garden, which was first planted eight years ago as an outdoor living classroom to grow real change for Waimea’s children and community. From the beginning, Mala’ai has been funded almost entirely by generous community friends and foundations as a private not-for-profit partnership with Waimea Middle School.
All auction items have been donated by a Hawaii Island artist or patron to support Mala’ai. “Art & Sol” will include delicious Merriman’s garden and farm fresh pupu paired with wine or a signature garden cocktail. Auctioneer for the event will be Pat Batchelder of Waimea.
For more information on the list of auction items offered and to get your ticket today, visit http://www.malaai.org/.